Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Sangram Vajre took a big risk: he stepped out of a good job and into one with a very uncertain future, and all with a wife, child, and new baby at home. He chats with Leary and Armin today about why the risk was worth it and how we sometimes need courage to take action on our bold ideas.
Who is Sangram Vajre? Sangram Vajre is a passionate marketing geek and the Co-Founder and Chief Evangelist for Terminus, a software-as-a-service platform that builds account-based marketing software. Before starting Terminus, Sangram led the marketing team at Pardot, a 100-person startup, which was eventually acquired by SalesForce through ExactTarget, leaving Sangram in charge of the marketing department for a $10 billion dollar company. Sangram came to the United States in 2005 for graduate school at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa where he earned a Master’s in Science. He then became a marketer by default as he helped launch and run a startup. He fell in love and has never looked back. Sangram is also the author of the 2016 book Account-Based Marketing, and his latest book, ABM is B2B. We previously chatted with Sangram in episode 077 Sangram Vajre on leading by influence.
Sangram wants to encourage people and entrepreneurs everywhere to think about what action steps they might be avoiding and figure out how to take that next step in faith. He believes passionately that God’s call on our lives is to step away from the status quo and into courageous new ways of doing things.
“When you put a timer on something, magical things happen. I didn’t have a Plan B.” — Sangram
“People couldn’t see that there was a different way to look at their problem. It required looking a radically different direction.” — Sangram
“Everybody listening to this right now, there’s probably something we are putting off. Everybody has an excuse ready — and I have hundreds of them everyday.” — Sangram
“If there is a calling for you, the thing that we all need is the courage to take action.” — Sangram
- Four things you need to have if you have risk: support, deadline, conviction, and awareness. Do you have these four things in your current venture?
- For certain people, the last thing they need to do is take action, but for the vast majority of people, the courage to take action is all they need. What’s the action you need to take today?
- There’s no category of one: if you’re the only one, no one knows how to relate to you, your product, or your services. Make sure you are relatable to what’s out there.
- Official website: https://terminus.com
- Daily podcast: flipmyfunnel.com/
- Connect with Sangram on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Previous Bold Idea podcast episode 077 Sangram Vajre on leading by influence
- Account Based Marking by Sangram Vajre
- ABM is B2B: Why B2B Marketing and Sales is Broken and How to Fix It by Sangram Vajre and Eric Spett
This Episode Sponsored By
Ways to get involved:
- Subscribe to receive these show notes delivered to your inbox.
- Leave a review for this show on iTunes, Google Play Music and/or Stitcher Radio.
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Share this post with others in your network:
We look forward to hearing from you!