Jay Payleitner knows what it’s like to step out on a new adventure. A theatre major turned copier salesman turned radio producer, Jay’s been fired two days after his second son was born and he’s learned that it was all part of God’s plan, God’s dare, really, to take the next bold step of faith.
Who is Jay Payleitner? Jay Payleitner is an author, speaker, and one of the top freelance radio producers for Christian radio. Jay has produced radio for Josh McDowell Radio, Today’s Father, Jesus Freaks Radio for Voice of the Martyrs, and Project Angel Tree with Chuck Colson. He’s also written more than 25 books, including the bestselling 52 Things Kids Need from a Dad, and his latest, The Jesus Dare. Jay regularly speaks at marriage conferences, men’s retreats, and national ministry events. He and his high school sweetheart, Rita, live in the Chicago area where they raised five kids, ten foster children, and are now delighting in being grandparents.
Jay has an empathetic heart and knows that the only person who truly understands all that we are going through is Jesus. He wants to share that opportunity for not only a listening ear but salvation as well with the world. Through his new book, The Jesus Dare, Jay walks a doubting non-believer through the roadblocks to accepting Christ and dares them to make a different choice.
“God uses it all. I’ve been fired several times, I’ve been shut down several times but God has used every step along the way to bring me to where I am today.” — Jay
“It’s only been out 3 or 4 weeks, but I’ve already heard from a few people who have taken that Jesus Dare and accepted Christ.” — Jay
“Now I know I don’t have all the answers, but I know where to get them.” — Jay
“God’s plan for your job you think is to make money and provide for your family. But His plan is actually to put you in that place and that time so you can develop resources and relationships to lead others to Christ.” — Jay
- If thinking about your to-do list or idea list is overwhelming to you, think about what you have accomplished instead. Hold your ideas loosely.
- Looking through the lens of “God uses it all” allows us to reframe our failures, our not-so-perfect moments, into ones where God’s plan moved forward for our good.
- Is believing in Christ for you an insurance policy? Or are you truly believing and trusting God for your next steps? How can you stretch your belief and take your faith to the next step?
- Jay’s website: jaypayleitner.com
- The Jesus Dare: thejesusdare.com
- Connect with Jay on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- The Jesus Dare: The Adventure You’ve Been Waiting For by Jay Payleitner
This Episode Sponsored By