Can you be prepared to be surprised? Dan Rupple thinks you absolutely can. As a mainstream and Christian comedian, media producer, and nonprofit executive, Dan’s career has taken him in many different directions—none of which would be possible if he hadn’t prepared himself to accept the invitations God divinely sent his way.
Who is Dan Rupple? Dan Rupple has been a comedy sketch artist, a producer, and media strategist, and is now the CEO of Mastermedia International. A founding member of the Christian comedy team Isaac Air Freight in the 1970s, Dan has since risen through the ranks of the entertainment world, working at CBS on shows such as The Price is Right and The Late Show with David Letterman. Dan has been featured on NBC Nightly News, CNN, FOX News, The Washington Post, The New Yorker, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and more. He is also an ordained minister, the author of three books, and the husband of 39 years to Peggy, with whom he has raised three children.
Dan’s mission with Mastermedia International is to provide a bridge between media leaders and the Christian community, hoping to be an uplifting influence and spiritual counsel to media gatekeepers, encouraging Christians to pray for them to help elevate the content coming out of Hollywood.
“Instead of Christians boycotting Hollywood, we connect with media leaders and try to start a relationship. We are ambassadors of the Christian audience and hope to be a wonderful witness of the Christian faith.” — Dan
“We always end every meeting—if they’ll allow us—with prayer. I’ve yet to have anyone turn me down.” – Dan
“Storytelling is the common denominator. We are telling stories that reflect Kingdom truths.” — Dan
“The way a generation consumes media informs us how we should do church.” — Dan
“Prepare to be surprised. Prepare. Hone your craft. Get some experience. Form a network. Get your ducks in a row. Be prepared so that when an opportunity comes, you are ready to walk through that door. Then be surprised. If you have done the work and God has called you, He will surprise you with opportunity.” — Dan
- When you seem to be flitting from thing to thing, rather than digging in for the long haul, it doesn’t mean you lack the ability to focus, just that you have learned what you could from that part of life and moved on.
- We don’t need to be locked into the role where we are currently serving. It’s not the form that matters, but the substance.
- Often, we resonate at a certain frequency and finding that is the key to acting on your bold idea.
- Prepare to be surprised. Work hard and do what you can in your giftedness so that when God surprises you with opportunity, you can walk confidently in the direction He has for you.
- Official website: danrupple.com
- Mastermedia International
- Dan on Facebook and Twitter.
- More on praying for Hollywood in Episode 030 Karen Covell on the world’s most influential mission field
- Refuse to Choose by Barbara Sher
Ways to get involved:
- Subscribe to receive these show notes delivered to your inbox.
- Leave a review for this show on iTunes, Google Play Music and/or Stitcher Radio.
- Call our show line, (612) 568-IDEA, with a question or comment.
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Share this post with others in your network:
We look forward to hearing from you!