Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It’s episode 100 of the BoldIdea podcast! Leary and Armin get asked these questions about the podcast all the time: “Why do you do it? What do you get out of it? What has it done for you? Hey, do you think I should do a podcast?”
For this 100th episode, they’re taking a little time to celebrate the achievement–a total of over 250 episodes between this podcast and their previous Reinventure Me podcast–and to answer those questions they get asked so often, sharing how the podcast has impacted them, why they continue to do it, and how it helps them to do the work Christ has for them in this life.
“One of the reasons I love hearing processed stories is that there is a redemptive thread in it. God’s still got this; He’s still in control.” — Leary
“The name ‘Israel’ means to struggle with God. I think God named Israel not despite the fact that they struggled with Him, but because of the fact that they struggled with Him. They are a people willing to persevere to gain the blessing of God.” — Armin
“The way the Bible talks about passion is that it means something that you are willing to suffer for. Do I love something enough that I am willing to suffer for it?” — Armin
“We serve this greater Kingdom purpose that isn’t just about what I do; I am not the central story, and neither are the guests on this podcast. I think they would say that they are not the central story: they serve a God who is.” — Leary
- Leary shared Romans 15:13 – “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” That’s the whole point of our journey on this earth: to be filled with the hope of the Holy Spirit, allowing it to spill into the lives of others. Are you a walking testament to that hope?
- There are a lot of spectators in this modern world, but very few who are in the arena doing the work themselves. Make sure you’re doing the work Christ has called you to, and ignore the critique of the people who aren’t.
- Experiment with shifting your prayer life away from your current circumstances and start asking God for opportunities to do His work in your life and in your community. As soon as you start praying, you can bet those opportunities will arise.
- Reinventure Me podcast episode 064 The choice between legend or legacy with guest Dr. Chuck Stecker
- Connect with Leary Gates on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Connect with Armin Assadi on Twitter and Facebook.
This Episode Sponsored By
Ways to get involved:
- Subscribe to receive these show notes delivered to your inbox.
- Leave a review for this show on iTunes, Google Play Music and/or Stitcher Radio.
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Share this post with others in your network:
We look forward to hearing from you!