Can time management make you a more effective disciple of God? Elizabeth Saunders believes it can. After admitting to herself that she was working too many hours, Elizabeth took the leap and changed her career to helping herself and others crawl out from under the banner of “too busy”—and now, more specifically, she is helping Christians everywhere turn from spending their time unwisely to spending it how Christ would have them.
Who is Elizabeth Saunders? Elizabeth Saunders is an internationally recognized time management expert who works with individuals who are stressed and overwhelmed and helps them find peace and understanding despite the fullness of their calendars. Elizabeth has appeared on CBS, ABC, NBC, and Fox news channels and has written for publications like the Harvard Business Review and Forbes. An author of two previously published books, she brings together faith and time management concepts in her newest called Divine Time Management: The Joy of Trusting God’s Loving Plans for You, publishing in November.
Elizabeth’s Saunders mission is to help Christians make the most of the time they have been given through not only helping them to recognize and prioritize what is most important, but to learn to let God do the prioritizing Himself. Her unique blend of faith and time management seeks to help even the busiest of over-achieving Christians find rest and peace in their life and their walk with God.
“Time investment is the idea that instead of trying to fit everything into an already overcrowded schedule, we can make strategic decisions aligned with our priorities about how we can get the greatest impact with our time.” — Elizabeth
“How you invest your time is a huge reflection of your values.” — Elizabeth
“We aren’t just looking to set our own priorities, we want to be asking God what His priorities are for our lives.” — Elizabeth
“If you have the fruits of the spirit, you are probably investing your time in a healthy way.” — Elizabeth
“Don’t lead with ego. Lead with heart.” — Elizabeth
- Have you shifted your focus from how you can be self-disciplined to how to release your life to God and trust Him for direction?
- Are you a high-achiever? Do you find yourself finding value in what or how much you do? If so, it might be time to remind yourself that you are first a child of God—you don’t have to do anything to earn it.
- When you find yourself looking for a place to insert your own accomplishments when meeting new people, ask yourself why. Don’t lead with ego. Lead with heart.
- We really have a choice about how we spend our time: we can waste it, spend it, or invest it. And we can’t make that choice until we know what our “why” is.
- Official website: reallifee.com
- Official website for Divine Time Book: divinetimebook.com
- Elizabeth Saunders on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+
- Divine Time Management: The Joy of Trusting God’s Loving Plans for You by Elizabeth Grace Saunders
Ways to get involved:
- Subscribe to receive these show notes delivered to your inbox.
- Leave a review for this show on iTunes, Google Play Music and/or Stitcher Radio.
- Call our show line, (612) 568-IDEA, with a question or comment.
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Share this post with others in your network:
We look forward to hearing from you!