Can the failure of a business lead us to trust God better? Dr. Phil Carson is evidence that it can. After building a successful pharmacy business and then losing it all in the midst of the 2009 recession, Dr. Carson had to face what it meant to fail and move forward, taking the lessons he learned to help him depend on God even more in what came next.
Who is Dr. Phil Carson? Dr. Phil Carson is the Cofounder of The Life Transformation Medical Center, a faith-focused medical practice holistic approach to health and healing. He is also a coach and consultant at Carson Natural Health where he uses functional medicine to help people get to the root cause of what their problem is, physically and emotionally. A seasoned speaker and author, Dr. Carson uses natural medicine to reach people at their most vulnerable time and minister to them both physically and spiritually.
After leaving pharmacy school, Dr. Phil Carson experienced an extreme disruption in his own health triggered by too much stress. In turning toward a more natural approach to medicine, Dr. Carson discovered that a full life comes from finding balance physically, emotionally, and spiritually. In his new book, he has developed a plan that anyone can use to start living a more healthy, well-rounded life.
“We look back on our failure now and know that it had to happen for me to learn what I had to learn.” — Dr. Carson
“I was not the ultimate provider. God was the ultimate provider and I needed to trust him more.” — Dr. Carson
“I told myself: ‘I am happy, I am healthy, I am whole.’ Even though I wasn’t those three things, it came to fruition later in my life.” — Dr. Carson
“If we stay attendant to God, He reveals things to us.” — Dr. Carson
“Opportunities in life can be a byproduct of the adversities that we go through.” — Dr. Carson
- We want to linger in success and we want to set failure aside. But we really need to talk about our failures as much as we do our successes! This is how we encourage one another in our faith and in our bold ideas.
- Sometimes we make bad decisions. But what can we learn from them?
- The end of your story is not failure. There is so much left to be had if you hang on and don’t let go.
- Official website: https://carsonnatural.com
- Official website for Dr. Carson’s Stress Guide & More: https://carsonnatural.com/resources/
- Dr. Phil Carson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- How to Live Until You Die: The 7 Keys to Living Happy, Healthy & Whole by Dr. Phil Carson
Ways to get involved:
- Subscribe to receive these show notes delivered to your inbox.
- Leave a review for this show on iTunes, Google Play Music and/or Stitcher Radio.
- Call our show line, (612) 568-IDEA, with a question or comment.
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Share this post with others in your network:
We look forward to hearing from you!