Can pain be turned into a bold idea? Mark Goblowsky did just that. After his son suffered a traumatic brain injury, Mark took his pain and turned it into a blog, podcast, and movement to help others find strength in their own struggle. Mark’s faith that God is there even when it doesn’t feel like it has inspired many people in their own journey as they endure hard times.
Who is Mark Goblowsky? Mark spent over nine years in the U.S. Air Force and has a career as a martial arts professional. He’s also an author, podcast host, and entrepreneur. In 2005, Mark’s 3 ½ year-old son Joshua was left with a traumatic brain injury after a hit-and-run accident between two semi trucks. Dealing with the aftermath of that accident left Mark in a dark place, feeling alone in his pain. A friend connected him with a support group of others facing similar tragedies, and although still difficult, the struggle Mark was going through didn’t feel as isolating.
Mark launched the Strength Through the Struggle podcast to help others find their strength in the midst of immense hardship. Mark’s mission is to find amazing people who have overcome their challenges and to share their personal stories with others, helping them to find peace with God as they go through tough times.
“God is always present with us. No matter how difficult a time, no matter how big the challenge.” — Mark
“If I learn to go with the flow, I get to become a better person. It hurts to change at times, but in the long run it’s the best thing for us.” — Mark
“You should never waste your pain. If all I did was suffer but didn’t turn it into something useful for myself and others, then it was literally a waste.” — Mark
“God is faithful even when you feel like He is not there.” — Mark
“Life is tough. When hope disappears, so does action. My bold idea is to deliver hope to the world so that no matter what circumstances you are in, you can move forward boldly by putting one foot in front of the other.” — Mark
- When we walk through a deep struggle, we can use the opportunity to become more sensitive to the stories of others.
- Sometimes we need to love people where they are rather than off them a quick fix or a spiritual bandaid.
- God wants us to soak in his presence and peace all the time—especially when life is hard.
- Don’t waste your pain. Look outward to help others who may be going through something similar. You won’t feel as alone—and neither will they.
- With Christ, we can forgive everybody in any situation.
- Official website: markgoblowsky.com
- Strength Through the Struggle Podcast
- Sample chapter of Mark’s book
- Seven Lessons Infographic
- Mark on Facebook and Twitter
Ways to get involved:
- Subscribe to receive these show notes delivered to your inbox.
- Leave a review for this show on iTunes, Google Play Music and/or Stitcher Radio.
- Call our show line, (612) 568-IDEA, with a question or comment.
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Share this post with others in your network:
We look forward to hearing from you!