We are always selling something. Whether it is a product or a company or a skill, no matter our field, we look to get other people to buy what we’ve got. This podcast features David Hoffeld, author of “The Science of Selling.”
Who is David Hoffeld? David runs the Hoffeld Group and trains businesses in how to make their sales in accordance with neuroscience principles. After many years of research, David wrote The Science of Selling (Penguin Random House) that collected ideas relevant to sales from neuroscience, social psychology, and behavioral economics. He continues to work as a trainer and award-winning speaker.
Hoffeld’s extensive research has led him to point out that many “tried-and-true” sales techniques don’t conform to the science of how the mind works. His book lists multiple strategies that anyone can use to improve their sales skills. Despite the success Hoffeld has seen in the last couple years, he fully knows the struggle and sacrifice required to pursue bold ideas. He takes the time to encourage listeners to persevere and make the most of the ideas God has given them.
“The closer our way of selling is aligned to how our potential customers’ brains are wired to be influenced, the more effective we will be. The farther away it is, the less effective we will be.” —David
“If it [were] easy, it wouldn’t be a bold idea—it would just be an idea, and it wouldn’t mean anything. It’s going to be hard, it’s going to take a long time. There’s gotta be sacrifices. Are you willing to pay the price? For success, what I found is that you pay the price up front.” —David
“For the man or woman who decides [to pay the price and follow through with the idea], they’re a dangerous person because they will not be stopped, and they’re always trying to get better. And it’s exciting to watch when people do that because lives change.” —David
“Be faithful with a little before you can have a lot.” —David
- God molds you through the struggle, so let the struggle mold you, not break you.
- The Science of Selling: Proven Strategies to Make Your Pitch, Influence Decisions, and Close the Deal on Amazon.
- Read Leary’s review of The Science of Selling.
- The Hoffeld Group
ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY for David’s book The Science of Selling!
- Get your copy (while supplies last) by going to boldideapodcast.com/review and reviewing the show on iTunes or Stitcher. Then tag us on your social media pages to tell us you reviewed it.
Ways to get involved:
- Subscribe to receive these show notes delivered to your inbox.
- Leave a review for this show on iTunes, Google Play Music and/or Stitcher Radio.
- Call our show line, (612) 568-IDEA, with a question or comment.
- Leave a comment or question below.
- Share this post with others in your network:
We look forward to hearing from you!